I have written fiction for both adults and children, as well as non-fiction (primarily on law, human rights and public policy in Singapore).
My second novel is forthcoming in 2021 (Ethos Books).
- Saturday’s Surprisingly Super-Duper Lesson (picture book, 2020)
- A Good Visit (short story, Manchester Review, 2017) (online)
- A Certain Exposure (novel, 2014)
- “Explainer: Discrimination in Singapore” (New Naratif, May 2020; reproduced in PJ Thum (ed.), The Singapore Citizens’ Agenda (New Naratif, 2020))
- “An End to Marital Immunity for Rape in Singapore?” (with Wong Pei Chi and Mark Wong, New Naratif, March 2019)
- “A new orbit: Lessons from parenthood on trust” (in Sheila Pakir and Malminderjit Singh (eds.), The Birthday Book 2017: What should we never forget?, The Birthday Collective)
- “Writing our future together” (MyPaper, July 2014)
- “Caning violates international norms” (The Online Citizen, June 2010)